This week’s blog is going to take you into the world of higher education and show you some of the recent and trending developments. We will be showing you e-Learning portfolio must-haves, a blockchain-safe badging system, and even some student jobs that guarantee weekends off. Each of these articles were carefully curated by us and proved to be the most popular articles among our audience in the past week.
Once again, we hope that you find this content intriguing and informative, and please don’t hesitate to give us your feedback because we want your input. Now, let’s dive back into the world of HigherEd and see what there is to discover this week.
- The Rapid E-Learning Blog – Here’s What Needs to be in Your E-Learning Portfolio – It’s always a dilemma trying to decide what’s in, and what’s out, in your portfolio. Luckily, The Rapid E-Learning Blog has got your back when it comes to making that pivotal decision. Some things to include: assessments, like quizzes and tests, scenarios, and software training skills. What to leave out: Tons of similar slides, boring content, and any material lacking visuals.
- The New York Times – Will the Next Steve Jobs Be From China? – The question that everyone is thinking, “What’s going to be the next big thing and who’s going to invent it?” may have crossed your mind at some point. Many believe that China will produce the next entrepreneur-extraordinaire due to changes in their education system and emphasis placed on “independent thinking” and “personality”.
- Digital Promise – Shifting My Teacher Mindset with Micro-credentials – Micro-credentials and digital badges are poised to revolutionize modern education as we know it. Check out how one teacher became enamored with the idea of micro-credentials and how it changed the way she teaches.
- Campus Technology – Startup Launches Blockchain-Safe Digital Credentialing Service – When you hear the term “Blockchain”, odds are that you associate it with cryptocurrencies, like BitCoin. Well, now it’s being repurposed to service a different tech sector: Digital Badges. The startup Accredible is striving to use the blockchain to bring some credibility to the micro-credential world. It’s accomplishing this by using the blockchain’s digitized, decentralized, public ledger of transactions to authenticate earned badges.
- eLearning Industry – 3 Opportunities In Enterprise Mobility In Corporate eLearning – Now, through technology, educators can grasp where learners are at, and how they are doing, as they progress. Organizations should seriously consider adopting a mobile model into its framework because the opportunities far outweigh the risks.
- Insider Monkey – 13 Jobs That Have Weekends Off for College Students – Most university students are not familiar with the term “weekend”. “You mean those days when old people are off work and we have to serve them?” is an all too common answer from the kids in college. Now, students have a chance at enjoying the weekend too, with jobs like makeup artist or school bus driver.
There you have it. Another week of trends, movements, and directions in the realm of Higher Education and EdTech. We hope that you gained some knowledge and that you’ll subscribe to stay up-to-date on the latest news.
Make sure to check out our previous HigherEd Insights post to keep on top of the latest HigherEd and EdTech news.